Here's a MUCH better shot of the individual snowflake - I LOVE snowflakes!!! Hmmmm....maybe I should make red ones.......that would a different idea..............ha ha.
Back side of the snowflake:
Here's my attempt at taking a really close-up photo of the sweet treat cup - it didn't turn out clear enough.
So here's how this project was made:
(2) Big Shot Snowflake #2 - paper used is NOT the Whisper White CS - I used the light chipboard that comes with the DSP paper. It's the perfect weight and is slick white on one side and dull white on the other side. I used the slick white for the outside of the snowflake.
(2) stamped messages, punched out using the 1-3/4" Circle Punch
(2) Sweet Treat cups
(1) 9" long Silver elastic cord
Adhere the message to the snowflake shown below using snail adhesive. I applied snail only to the center of the snowflake. That was sufficient. Remove the white tape from one of the Sweet Treat Cups. Tip: make sure your message is positioned pointing toward one of the snowflake points (see the pink arrows). This will be the top/bottom.
Here's a better view of the arrows:
Position the Sweet Treat Cup on top as shown below:
Repeat the same steps for the 2nd (front) snowflake and again making sure the top and bottom are at one of the snowflake points as shown by the pink arrows below:
BEFORE placing the Sweet Treat cup on top, spoon some chunky glitter into cup:
Unlike the back snowflake, for the front snowflake flip the snowflake on top of the sweet treat cup. Be care to position the 1-3/4" Circle to ensure the glitter will not have a crack to fall out. Push down to ensure "sealing the circle". Apply Tombow adhesive to each of the snowflake areas - remember: a little goes a long way. You don't want this stuff ooozing out - yucky and sticky!
This is what your snowflake should look like after the Tombow is applied:
Finally, position the back to the front BUT make sure the top of the front snowflake is matching the top of the back. Before the adhesive dries, you can position each snowflake so it looks line one snowflake. Thread silver cord and your project is complete. Enjoy.......it's really simple to make and finally those back DSP sheets can be recycled.
- Stamps: Sweet Season, Holiday Best ( Level 1 Hostess)
- CS: Whisper White
- Ink none
- Accys: Stampin Write pens: Real Red, Old Olive, Black, 1-3/4" Circle Punch, Tombow Adhesive, Big Shot Snowflake #2 Die, Sweet Treat Cups, Silver Elastic Cord (Holiday Mini), Stampin' Chunky Crystal Ice Glitter
Thank you for stopping by today to visit - there's time to make a whole bunch of these!!! Really!!! HUGS!!!!