Friday, January 30, 2009
Thursday, January 29, 2009
More examples tom........stay tuned..............
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Cut paper 5-1/2" x 7". Score on 5" side: 1, 3-1/2. Score on 7" side: 1, 2-1/2, 1. Dotted lines are fold lines, solid lines are cut lines. Cut as shown above. Have prepared 2 top notes: one for the top and one to be used for the bottom. The assembled box should be as in the photo below.
Proceed to decorate Top note (for lid) at this time. Place sticky tape on the lid and on the bottom as shown in below photo.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Start with (4) tags. Each will measure 2"X4-1/4". Score each at 1,3. Use Tag Corner punch on each tag (as shown).
The photo below will show the 4 tags needed to complete the project. I've used different colors for this tutorial.
Stack all 4 tags on top of each other. Use the Crop-o-dile (1/8") to punch through all layers: 1/4" from the top, centered on tag
Place tag #1 and tag #2 bottoms next to each other. Use sticky tape as shown to secure.
Remove sticky tape. Place tag #3 and Tag #4 on top of tag #1 and tag #2 as shown.
Fold up flaps. Your tag box should now look the photo below.
Cut a ribbon 7" long, fold in half and knot. Thread through to the top of tag (knot should be inside) and continue to thread ribbon through tag tops as shown.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Thank you Becky at www.inkingidaho.blogspot.com for inspiring this Asian mini magazine file with note cards. (see her site for instructions). The (3) note cards finish 3"x3". The Naturals Ivory stamped envelopes are made by taking apart a white 3"x3"envelope. The magazine file finishes 1-1/2"x3-1/4"x 3-1/4".
Above is the front of the magazine file with a coin held by the ribbon.
This is a view of the spine. The "Happiness" charm has a black brad and is attached by using a glue dot. Below is a side view of the magazine file.
- Stamps: Eastern Blooms
- CS: Real Red, Natruals Ivory, Black
- Ink: Versamark, Real Red
- Accys: Gold Embossing Powder, Mini Glue Dot, Black Brad, Gold Organdy Ribbon (non SU), Asian Coin (non SU) and Happiness charm (non SU)- can be purchased at http://www.articusstudiodesign.com/
Thank you for stopping by today....................
Friday, January 23, 2009
The view below is a close-up of the tags - the swirl stamp is used from Baroque Motifs stamp set and is randomly stamped on the tag before assembling box. Craft White ink is used on Real Red and Pixie Pink is used on Pink Pirouette.
Below shows the top of the box. The Hugs and Kisses stamp from the Valentine Bundle " Love You Much" was used.
- Stamp: Love You Much, Baroque Motifs, Lovely Letters
- CS: Pixie Pink, Pink Pirouette, Real Red, Whisper White
- Ink: Craft White, Pixie Pink, Real Red
- Accys: Scallop Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Dimensionals, Tag Corner Punch, Crop-o-dile, 1/4" Real Red + White Grosgrain Ribbon.
Thank you for stopping by................
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Below: a closer view of each box. The words B-A-B-Y are around each section of the box. It takes 4 tags to make (1) box. Finished size for each box is 2"x2"x2".
Here are a couple views of the boxes "undone".
- Stamps: Lovely Letters, For You (from??)
- CS: Ballet Blue, Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette
- Ink: Ballet Blue, Pretty in Pink
- Accys: Scallop Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Dimensionals, Tag Punch, Small Tag Punch, Crop-o-dile, 1/4" White Grosgrain Ribbon, Tag Corner Punch.
Thank you for stopping by...........stay tuned tomorrow for a Love Tag box
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
The Tops Note gift tag is made the same way as the Baby Boy posted 1/20/09. For the girl, the gift tag is attached to a stamped dot background Top Note with sticky tape. Below is a view showing the box.
The view below shows the box opened: revealing 2 peppermint patties that are deocrated with the same scallop punch "Sweet One" as on the gift tag. Other gift ideas: Socks, Silver Baby Rattle, Baby Toy. The inside box is 3-1/2"x2-1/2"x1" finished.
Wrap the taffetta ribbon around the box, then attach the top and bottom of the box. The box bottom of the top note is not stamped. The shreds are made by cutting thin strips of card stock and crumpled. I love how it all matches.
- Stamps: So Many Scallops ( retired Hostess), Dot Background
- CS: Pixie Pink, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Blush Blossom
- Ink: Pixie Pink
- Accys: Big Shot Top Note Die, Scallop Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, 3/8" Whisper WhiteTafetta Ribbon, Black + Pixie Pink Stampin' Write Pen, Dimensionals, Sticky Tape
Thank you for stopping by...........have any question? or feel free to leave a comment on this post.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
The view below shows the acetate cover (to the left) off.
This view below shows the sides of the box (1-1/2" high). The acetate cover is also 1-1/2" high fits inside the box (not outside the box). That means that the corners of the acetate are cut out after scoring.
Here is the underside of the top note gift card with a half piece of the top note. Write a note here.
- Stamp: So Many Scallops (retired Hostess), Dot Background
- CS: Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Blush blossom
- Ink: Ballet Blue
- Accys: Big Shot Top Note die, Scallop Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, 3/8" Taffeta White Ribbon, Black and Pixie Pink Scrapin' Write Pen, Dimensionals, Clear Acetate
Thank you for stopping by............stay tuned for the "Baby Girl" version tomorrow.
Monday, January 19, 2009
He is punched and slipped into a "blanket" created by using the Big Shot Scallop Circle die, then wrapped with a ribbon. To achieve the "blanket" fold up 1-1/8" across the bottom, place baby into blanket - secure, then "wrap". The finished measurement at the bottom is 1-1/2" wide and the finished measurement at top is 2" wide.
Additional info: (not shown) Body is 2-3/4"x1-1/2", then attached to 1-1/2" circle. Attach to card using sticky tape.
- Stamp: Hugs & Wishes
- CS: Boardering Blue, Whisper White, Blush Blossom, Retired Hostess Print Pack
- Ink: Black
- Accys: 1-1/2" Circle Punch, Bashful Blue 5/8" GStriped Grosgrain Ribbon, Big Shot Scallop Circle Die, Photo Corner Punch, Stampin Write Black & Pixie Pink Pen, Curly Punch (EK Success) for hair, sticky tape.
Thank you for stopping by. Any questions? E-mail me...................
Friday, January 16, 2009
This one is from Joanne -she is an Angel (really!)
Lesta did this classy masculine card
I love these star cards: Single Star w/heart is from Donna, and the Best Wishes- Stamper unknown.
I love the techniques used for the background stamp-Stamper unknown. The Pun Rocket: it's from a great swap friend: Kathleen. You can't see the sprakle it has. Last but not least: Yvonne sent me this Classy drink card - inside is even better.