Monday, May 10, 2010

Gate Fold Vintage Mini Album

Here is a fabulous Gate fold Vintage Mini Album - I had a blast making this - it was a kit offered by Laura @www.followingthepapertrail.blogspot.com. Everything needed to complete this album came in the kit. Loved it!!! The only change I made was using my own front and back cover DSP, added a few more keys, and back pocket DSP. Finished project measures: 8" x 4-1/4" x 2"...........love the elastic band closure? I sure do!!!! It's an awesome idea from Laura!!!!

Here's a closer view of the fabulous closure:

There are (2) eyelets, then thread the elastic band through to make the loop:

And here is a close-up of the "hitch" - alternative option: use a button

Top view of project:

Here's the project fully opened.........it spans across 20" with lots and lots of places for photos and journaling. I love the interaction of this type of album.

The following photos are of each page: with a large tag or (2) smaller tags in the pockets:






This really was a blast to make - I can't wait to make more of these in a variety of themes. Because this is a kit, a supply list will not be listed. I hope you enjoyed this project and will try one, too. For full directions of a Ustream tutorial go to Laura's blog site listed above in this posting......................thank you for visiting today. I enjoyed sharing this project with you.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

That is absolutely beautiful! I made one myself, it is a wonderful project!

sandi maciver said...

gotta love all those new Tim Holtz Sizzix dies she used. Have to get me some of those soon.
Beautiful project as always.

Carolina said...

Wow...Is this ever a work of art or what Patti!!! Thanks for sharing so many pics, it's hard to appreciate a mini album with just one photo and this is just perfect!

corinnesomerville said...

Oh my gosh, Patti !!!!!!!! This is STUNNING !!! But then...everything you do is stunning !!!

Love ya !!

Helen said...

Hi Patti,

The album is awesome! I am looking forward to see the one in your favorite color.

Jackie Thomas said...

Oh Wow Patti. I want this!! How stunning is this. Fantastic. hugs xo Jackie

peata said...

great mini!
love the papers.
toilet roll mini scrapbook comp