And here is the inside: The coconut "pops" up:
Here's what is needed to make this card:
(1) 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" Temping Turquoise CS, score @ 4-1/4 on the 8-1/2" side
(1) 5" x 3-3/4" Rose Red CS
(1) 4-3/4" x 3-1/2" Whisper White CS
(1) 1-3/4" Whisper White CS punched: stamp Coconut
(1) scrap Whisper White CS for "Happy Birthday" word window punches message (not in photo)
(1) cut 6" long 1/2" Polka Dot Melon mambo grosgrain ribbon (use reverse solid side)
(1) 5-1/4" x 8-1/4" Whisper White CS, score 4-1/16 on the 8-1/4" side
(1) 2-3/4" x 2" Tempting Turquoise CS
(1) 2-1/2" x 1-3/4" Rose Red CS
(1) 2-1/4" x 1-1/2" Whisper White CS
(1) T-bar Template in Whisper White
(1) Coconut Template in Close to Cocoa
(1) Drink Umbrella
Template for inside T-Bar: note: this template has been adjusted for the coconut shape.
Coconut template: to achieve the coconut texture, apply Close to Cocoa ink on the texture plate, then put through Big Shot
Stamp images on the Whisper White CS for the front and card inside using the colors Old Olive, Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise, and Pumpkin (oops, that color got left out in the photo):
Stamp coconut with Close to Cocoa ink. Color with Markers, pop with dimensionals, then adhere to card front. Adhere on top of the Melon Mambo ribbon..card front is complete.
Card Inside: to avoid that "buckling" look inside the card, adhere one side of the Whisper White, then fold over card to adhere the other half.
Prepare message: use Rose Red, Pumpkin, Tempting Turquoise Pens on image, stamp and secure to other pieces. Set aside.
Once the t-template is cut out, apply sticky tape (see the pink arrows) as shown. Note: do not apply sticky tape to the edge of the mid section, stop short of the edge because the coconut cup will not cover this area.
Fold the long extended section as shown. Remove mid section sticky tape, position the coconut cup to the bottom the the T-template.
Remove sticky tape from the folded back tabs (left side of the template) and position 1/2" from the card edge (see ruler). Then secure on the inside bottom right section of the card (see pink arrows).
Next: Pull the left extended tab (see pink arrow) to as much as you desire for the coconut to achieve it's rounded shape. Remove sticky tape from the underside of the extension and secure. Adhere the stamped message on top of the extension.
Trim down straw and apply sticky tape. Open drink umbrella and smash in half, apply sticky tape. Place both inside the cup. Your project is finished!
- Stamps: Tropical Party, On Your Birthday
- CS: Whisper White, Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise, Close to Cocoa, Pumpkin
- Ink: Old Olive, Rose Red, Pumpkin, Close to Cocoa
- Accys: Big Shot Texture Plate #4, Word Window Punch, 1-3/4" Circle Punch, 1/2" Polka Dot Melon Mambo, Stampin" Write Pens: Pumpkin, Tempting Turquoise, Summer Sun, Rose Red, Dimensionals, Sticky Tape.
Thank you for stopping by today..................Hugs!!!