Left photo: Open the suitcase to reveal a mini album: finished size 4-1/2" x 8-1/2" (excluding the spine)
Right Photo: Closer view of the resin embellishment and tag "remember" from the In a Word stamp set.
The following photos are of each page...........just like the previously posted wavy envelope album on 4/48 (Island Oasis Fun Mini Book), each envelope has a removable tag for journaling or for photos and in this case, the tabs are Asian words. For a full tutorial on how to utilize eve lopes to make this album, go to Laura @ www.followingthepapertrail.blogspot.com Check out her Utube video tutorial from March 3, 2010 called "Wavy Envelope Mini Album" - (link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Flm_fq3roCg&feature=related)
note: Left photo is a #10 Gold Vellum Envelope.....cool. eh?
Here's a little insight on how the album was made:
Left photo: prepare (10) #10 envelopes. These envelopes are longer than the previously posted album to fit into the suitcase. Keep the small side of the envelope for another future project.
Right photo: use a sharpie marker to cover the Matt Board edges as well as 1/8" around the board.
Left photo: position front and back covers
Right photo: Stamp various Asian words for the tabs. Punch out using a 1" circle punch.
Left photo: Plan ribbon placement for the album spine.
Right photo: Prepare inside suitcase with fiberfill, then using a mini glue gin adhere satin fabric to both insides of suitcase.
SU Supplies used:
- Stamps: In a Word, Embrace Life
- CS: Real Red, Black, Kraft, Very Vanilla, Crushed Curry
- Ink: Versamark, Black
- Accys: 1" Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Gold Embossing Powder, Black Embossing Powder, 1/4" Black Grosgrain Ribbon, 1/4" Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, 5/8" Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, 5/8 Black Grosgrain Ribbon, 3/16" Corner Rounder, Round tab Punch, sticky tape, Crop-o-dile
Other supplies non SU:
- Stamps: various from my personal collection
- CS: Washi Paper
- Accys: Organdy 5/8" and 1/4" Red/Gold Ribbon, Resin Embellishment, Large Black eyelet, #10 Envelopes in Vanilla, Red, Black, Gold Vellum, Kraft, Fiberfill, Black Satin Fabric, Suitcase.
Thank you for visiting today to see this project be complete. It will be one of the raffle items at a Japanese Non Profit Organization......I hope it will generate some money for them.