Monday, February 22, 2010

Rice Bowl Fancy Favor

I have been thinking about this project for a couple days and it finally came together. ANOTHER use for Sweet Treat Cups!!!! Uncooked rice is used instead of candy. Rice is a staple food in the Asian culture (and many other cultures). It is important especially for the Chinese New Year because it is always a wish to have plenty of food and a rice bowl that is full. I didn't think I should put cooked rice in the cup..........hmmmm......maybe I should see if that works. Recognize the box?: it is the SU Exclusive Fancy Favor Box. The handle: it is also cut from the Fancy Favor Box (so it all matches!!!)

Here's a closer view of the little girl:
Her sleeves and flowers in her hair are sponged using a dauber on Pixie Pink ink. The cheeks are also by using a dauber - no re-inking necessary to create those rosy cheeks. Don't forget to put that bling from the Eggcellant Eggs Kit for the flower center.

Isn't she cute?

Side view of the box with gold brad:

Here's a top view of the handle:
Supplies:
  • Stamps: Circle Circus
  • CS: Real Red, Naturals Ivory, Pretty in Pink, Black, Blush Blossom
  • Ink: Versamark, Black, Pixie Pink
  • Accys: SU Exclusive Fancy Favor Big Shot Die, Sweet Treat Cups, 1-3/4" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Trio Flower Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, Black and Real Red Stampin" Write Pens, Stamping Sponge, Sponge Daubers, Mini Glue Dots, Eggcellant Eggs Kit, Gold Brads, Piercer, Dimensionals, Sticky Tape

Thank you for stopping by today......ran out of time today so stay tuned for the tutorial tom..............HUGS!!!

18 comments:

Unknown said...

You have got to STOP! You are so creative you are killing me! Thank you SO much! Just kidding, keep it coming! {smile}

Ellen Kemper said...

That is so FABULOUS. I'm with Diana (above) you are killing us with your talent. It isn't a painful way to go though...

MoonPrincess22 said...

Such talent...such inspiration! Keep it coming Patti!
Love it!!

Cheryl H said...

Oh my word...how flipping adorable is this?!?!?!? I can't even contain myself.

You are simply amazing Patti, simply amazing.

Whimcees said...

Hi Patti!

I love your sweet little girl! She is adorable! :<) I look forward to seeing the tutorial!

Wishing you a great day today!

Barbara Diane

Laura said...

That is TOO CUTE! Can't wait for the tutorial!! I'm going to have to make these!

Anonymous said...

Hi Patti...the little girl is adorable! Love the rice bowl, too.

Lauren Yang said...

Ah, too cute, I just love her Asian eyes!
Happy New Year (another 7 days to celebrate, yeah!)

**CrEaTiNgWiThAlOhA** said...

how adorbs is this...wow you have such awesome talent....TFS...hugs Liann

Becky said...

Oh my goodness, how cute! You just amaze me! I wish I had you talents!

Becky

Brenda said...

This is too adorable! Might have to try it out myself! Love your projects! TFS!

Anonymous said...

She is adorable. I'm with the others, you are so creative. I love the little rice bowl she's holding. What a great job. Keep up the wonderful projects. Thanks for your sharing your incredible talent.

KellyRae said...

OMGosh! LOVE this rice bowl favor. It's absolutely adorable.

scrappychica said...

this is out of the world! I absolutely love your New Year projects! I have to say the little girl on your rice bowl favor is too sweet for words.

Anonymous said...

Love this darling little girl!! Would you mind sharing the process for making her? Blessings, MaryS

lisa808 said...

So, so creative.

Jenny said...

This is the cutest project! Thank you for sharing this cute idea!

Jenny
crazyforpaper.blogspot.com

D.C. Adams said...

Wow wee! You are amazing! Thank you for sharing your beautiful, amazing work with all us. You are an inspiration.