Close up of Take Out Box front: "Year of the Tiger" is a special one line stamp ordered from Stampin' Up. It is attached to the box using mini glue dots.
To make paper fortune cookies: cut (2) 3-1/4" and (1) 3-1/2" circle. The fortune (computer generated) : "Happy New Year: Good Health in the Year of the Tiger"
Sponge all around the edges of the circle with Close to Cocoa ink:
Place the fortune inside , then fold circle as shown ( do not make a hard fold crease):
To make the shape: push in the folded center with your thumb, place a mini glue dot inside about 3/4" from the cookie edge
(1) 1-1/2" Circle in More Mustard CS for the head
(2) 1" Circle in More Mustard CS for the ears
(2) 1/2" Circle In Pretty in Pink CS for the inside of the ears
(2) 1/2" Very Vanilla CS for the cheeks
(1) Small Heart from Heart to Heart Punch in Real Red for the nose
(1) Real Read punched Horizontal Slot for the tongue
(2) 1/4" Circles in Black CS for the eyes
Assemble Tiger and apply dimensionals to the back, then place on Punched Gold 1-3/4" Circle. Note: the tiger stripes, whiskers, and dots on nose are randomly hand drawn using a Black Stampin' Write Pen. This tiger was also posted on 2/5.
Mask the take out box bottom (see the yellow post-it note) and stamp the bamboo using the Versmark ink:
Locate the center of the box about 3/4" down from the top, pierce through for the metal chenille. Push the chenille through the holes, decide on the appropriate height and secure ends inside (see next photo).
Here's the inside of the carton showing the chenille wire wound around into a circle to keep it in place.
- Stamps: Embrace Life, Year of the Tiger special order stamp from SU
- CS: Real Red, Close to Cocoa, More Mustard, Very Vanilla, Black, Pretty in Pink, Gold (non SU)
- Ink: Versamark, Close to Cocoa
- Accys: Take out box Big Shot Sizzix Die, 1/4" Circle Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, 1-1/2" Circle Punch, 1-3/4" Circle Punch, Heart to Heart Punch, Horizontal Slot Punch, Black Stampin' Write Pen, Black Embossing Powder, White Gel Pen, Dimensionals, sticky tape, stamping sponge, mini glue dots, piercer, gold chenille wire (non SU)