Monday, February 1, 2010

Leadership & Regional Memories

Well, I finished my 1st scrapbook for 2010: Leadership and Regional Memories.......and there were some great ones, too!!! I made 6 basic scrapbooks which included the covers,inserts, index cards and some envelopes (for receipts) for our travelling group. Cereal box covers were recycled for the front and back covers along with any new punches from the Occasion Mini, new stamp sets from Leadership and Regional, and especially the Heart to Heart punch because the theme was "LOVE". So here's the front cover. The finished scrapbook size is 5-3/4" x 8-3/8" x 1-1/2".

Inside, there is a pocket for my badge and some business cards from various restaurants visited. The right photo was taken from the outside signage at the Convention Center in Phoenix. Like the new scalloped trimmed punched paper edge? Retired DSP was used for this album (yes, I was hoarding this paper!)

And, my 1st photo is with Denise. On the right photo, I kept the e-ticket for my flight.

I even kept the keys for the hotel room (I am a hotel room key collector!). I ran around to get autographs from very famous senior SU executives!!!

At the Hyatt, Sherri had a huge swap event - those boots are outside the Cowboy Room. The right photo is our group shot with Brett.

Our 1st dinner together after picking up our bags - they also needed their very own booth since you can see, we took up another booth.

These photos are from the Leadership program and are inserted as shown. Some autographs here, too
The 1st stage event was exciting - we had some winners - including me!!! I jumped 200 feet off my chair!

My journaling was made on 5x7 index cards. I was determined to capture the experience right away! I loved the group shot of with the Red Patti Girls!
See my winning band: green.........and on to Love What You Do.........

More autographs........................with some subtle heart stamping in the background. Note the tabs are labeled 1-2-3 for day 1-2-3. "R" tab is for Regional
\
The prize was a photo with Shelli, Scott, and Brett: am I short or what?

I love my photo with Becky (the famous Inking Idaho gal!!!!). And our group shot outside the signage.
More journaling......and a great photo with Dale.....he gave a memorable speech on stage.

Meeting Patty and swapping with her!!!!. Made friends with Martha and Lilliana - darn, I didn't get a photo with Martha.

Another famous person: Donna and we start Regionals after Leadership.

We took this group photo on our way running to the airport (missing Mary in this photo). Here's another famous person: Shannon.

Our group shot with Shannon (Mary: where ARE you?) and finally journaling for the Phoenix Regional.

This is where I ran into Corrine (Roxy) - OMG - what a treat!!! And then to run into Lori - another double scoop treat!!!

One of the highlights was our mini gathering in our hotel suite where we had so much fun with our own make and takes!

This stamp is from the Totally Tess set. The inside back cover is cut from the program.

This is the back: a smaller punched heart: "hand crafted"..................
In keeping with my 2010 goals, I am soooo glad to have this project completed so I can go back some time later to remind me of how much fun we as a group, all had. Feels great to have it finished. I hope this will inspire YOU to complete a project one at a time..........................thanks for sharing my memories now go out and make some of yours.

9 comments:

WandaG_CT said...

So cute to keep all those precious memories of friends and events.

corinnesomerville said...

OH MY GOSH !!! HOLY SMOLLY MACARONI !!! WOWZA PADOWZA !!!! This is absolutely AMAZING !!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT !!!!

Debbie said...

Patti this is absolutly stunning!! What a lovely way to remember a very special event :)
Debbie

mst822 said...

Wow! Luv your album! So, so, so CUTE!
Tammy

sandi maciver said...

what a great idea and what beautiful memories you have captured, wonderful job.

Wanda Clasen said...

What a great book! Fantastic job!

Inking Idaho said...

Ohmagosh...I made the book! Woo-Hoo!!! What a wonderful memory Patti! This is the perfect example of what Stampin' Up! is all about...making memories and scrappin' about them! The difference between you and me?...you have yours beautifully displayed in an album and mine, well...I'm not really sure where that stuff is right now!

Awesome, awesome, awesome, I bow to you Patti...again, my back is getting tired!

Love ya!

eunice said...

You scrapbook too? Just amazing how you put this beautiful album together so quickly...looks like you had so much fun!

Whitney Richardson said...

Patti:
You absolutely captured the true meaning of leadership and the kinship we all share while we are there. This is a perfect treasure!
I am so happy you experienced the awwww that I felt last year on my first trip. It is beautifully displayed with love and heartfelt gratitude for those whose footsteps we choose to follow as role models.

Looking at your book makes me so proud to be an SU demo and your friend!
so glad you feel better!
xxxooo
Whit