Monday, December 7, 2009

Snowman Side Step Card

Wow - the Holidays are really here..........This year one of my goals was to conduct a Stamp Camp - my first! Original timing was mid November but because I was out of town, rescheduling forced the stamp camp to be in December. I wanted to keep the participation size manageable (for my own sanity) and keep the WOW factor for all the projects. So I will have these 12 projects posted for all to see. I really enjoyed spending time with all who attended and fun was also had by all. Below are the personalized shopping bags individually pre-packaged project kits. The personalization was using the Big Shot Serif Essentials Alphabets Glitter Fun Foam placed on top of a Gold Snowflake.

PROJECT #1: This card was totally inspired and CASed from Connie - see her blog www.inkspiredtreasures.com


Position of snowballs:

How to make this card:
Measurements:
(1) 5-1/2” x 8-124” Solid Bashful Blue CS
(1) 1” x 5-1/2” Whisper White CS – tear along 5-1/2” top edge
(2) 1” x 3-1/2” Whisper white CS – tear along 3-1/2” top edge
(1) ½” x 3” Close to Cocoa for post
(1) 2-1/2” x 1” Naturals Ivory for Message
Cutting instructions (see Connie's great diagrammed instructions on her blog www.inkspiredtreasures.com posted on 11/8/09):
Base: 5 1/2 x 8 1/2
Score long side at 1, 2, 3 1/8, 4 1/4, 6 3/8 only to bold cut line, except for center 4 1/4 score line goes completely across.
1" – Mountain fold 2" – Valley fold 3 1/8 – Mountain fold4 1/4 – SPLIT – Valley fold at steps, Mountain fold at side 6 3/8 – Mountain fold
Fold Base Bashful Blue card Stock as shown:
Tear the strips of Whisper White CS on one side and set aside:
Stamp snowman using Black Staz On Ink. Apply Old Olive using the Aqua Painter Note: Do not color in the Real Red dots as it will bleed when the Old Olive ink is brushed on. Use Dusty Durango Stampin Write Pen for the carrot nose.
Use Pretty In Pink for the cheeks:

Using the fine tip of the Real Red Stampin' Write Pen, color in the polka dots:
Apply Bashful Blue to the Snowman:
After applying the buttons (3 Black 1/4" Punched Circles) to the front of the snowman, cut out, adhere to the front panel of the card. Adhere the "snowed" ground and "snowballs".
Optional: add dazzling Diamonds glitter with 2 way Glue Pen
Project completed.
Supplies:
  • Stamps: Simple Seasonal Thanks,” Merry Christmas” from Season of Joy
  • CS: Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Close to Cocoa, scrap Black, scrap of Naturals Ivory
  • Ink: Staz On Black, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue
  • Accys: Modern Label Punch, Real Red and Dusty Durango Stampin’ Write Pens, Aqua Painter, ¾” Circle Punch, 1” Circle Punch, ¼” Circle Punch (retired)

Check in tom for the next project................Happy Holidays!

6 comments:

Whimcees said...

Hi Patti!

Cute card! I love the stair step cards. I hope that all is well with you! Wishing you a great week!

Barbara Diane

Whitney Richardson said...

I love this! I keep wanting to get this Snowman and now I have waited to late! This card is awesome.
Great job, when I made the side step from Amy's directions it keeps falling and pushing back, how to you get it to stand up and stay. The regular stair step card does the same thing! Enlighten me, talented one!

Creations by Patti said...

Hey Whitney, I'll have to check out Amy's instructions. Try making crisp folds and it should stay up. This side steps are not all the same height.....maybe that's the trick? The photo was taken with the card in some artificial greens but it does stand up well on a table, too. P

eunice said...

Love how you changed this card up with the area on the side for the snowman!

Whitney Richardson said...

Thanks Patti: I am going to follow your directions and make it again and see if I get it to stand better. thanks!! xxooo Whit

Jeannie said...

Lovely projects! I wish I had paid attn. earlier! (I subscribe but just hadn't had time to check out each one of them!) Love them all! I may try to copy many of them next year! TFS!