Look what's inside: a popcorn ornament!!!! Thanks Mary C. for this unique idea! My guests loved it.
Here's the template for the box made specifically for this ornament.
(1) for Box: 8” x 10-1/2” Real Red CS, score on the 10-1/2” side @2-1/2”, 5” 7-1/2”, 10”. Turn Paper, score on the 8” side @2-1/2”, 5”, 7-1/2”. For the Box tabs, score on the 10” side above the 5” score line, ½”
(1) 23” long cut ribbon
(1) 4-1/2” long cut Silver Elastic
(1) 1-1/4” x 12” long Striped Christmas Cocoa DSP
(1) Whisper White Snowflake from the SU Exclusive Merry Details Die
(1) Real Red Bird from the SU Exclusive Merry Details Die
(1) Soft Suede Tag from SU Exclusive Big Shot Merry Die
Use the 3/16" Corner Punch on the top flap cover.
In order to use the 3/16" rounder for the side tab, remove the punch guard and carefully slide into the paper.
Add the DSP before the box is assembled. Start with the left side, apply adhesive to the one section, fold section over, then apply adhesive, repeat the rest of the sections. The photo below shows the DSP folded for one of the sections.
Box unfolded, the DSP should not be completely flat, it needs a little "give" to go around the corners.
To make the popcorn:
Yes, the popcorn was popped INSIDE the glass ball! I had to test how long and how much popcorn to be used. The metal hanger tops will need to be removed. According to my RED microwave (600 Watts) , the formula is 18 unbuttered popcorn for 2:20 minutes in a brown bag. Be careful - glass will be hot after it is popped. And, YES, one of them did crack so it is best that the glass ball is in a brown bag. If the popcorn does not fully pop (we know that happens sometimes), you can push through some smaller popcorn pieces through the hole.
After the glass ball is cooled, return metal top and place into box. Your project is completed to give.
- Stamps: none
- CS: Real Red, Soft Suede, Whisper White, Christmas Cocoa DSP
- Ink: None
- Accys:, SU Exclusive Big Shot Merry Details Die, SU Exclusive Merry Die, Whisper White Organza Ribbon, Silver Elastic Cord, 3/16” Corner Rounder Punch, Sticky tape, 2-1/2” Clear Glass Ball, 18 Unbuttered Popcorn
Thank you for stopping by today...........stay tuned for Project #12.................HUGs.........!!!!