Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Xmas Nugget Purse

Here's Project #8: A Xmas Nugget Purse. This type of party favor has been around for a while - it's still quite cute and easy to make. The DSP makes it very special to give. Finished purse size 2" x 1-1/2" x 1/2". Hang them on a tree for your guests!!!
Inside covered nuggets:

Here's the template for it:
(1) 4-3/4” x 3” Christmas Cocoa DSP, follow measurements below
You will also need:
(1) 1” x 3-1/2” Christmas Cocoa DSP for wrapping around Nuggets
(1) 8” long cut ¼” White Grosgrain Ribbon
(1) star from the SU Exclusive Merry Details Die in White Glossy Paper
Adhesive Velcro (cut in half)

This is what you should have:

Use the 3/16": Corner rounder for the flap of the purse:

Adhere the purse handle (white grosgrain ribbon) with mini glue dots on the inside (see pink rows). The left side is an example of where to place the handle.

Wrap the nuggets with the strips of DSP:


To finish the flap, use a mini glue dot to adhere the star and also the "bling".

Last step: add the Velcro and close!
Supplies:
  • Stamps: none
  • CS: Christmas Cocoa DSP, Whisper White Glossy Paper
  • Ink: none
  • Accys: 2 Hershey Nuggets (non SU), ¼” White Grosgrain Ribbon, Velcro (non SU), Mini Glue Dots, Big Shot Merry Details Sizzlits Die

Thank you for stopping by today....stay tuned for Project #9 tom..............HUGS!!!

7 comments:

Whimcees said...

Love these little gifts! :<)

Barbara Diane

eunice said...

Oh...!These are so so cute! Love that Christmas paper...very purty! Gee, I wish I had a real handbag that looked that pretty!Thank you for sharing the instructions, Patti!

Kristine said...

I love this idea! I would like to copy it for a SAB event using the new DSP. Your blog is wonderful and inspires me! I need the inspirational help! Thanks.
Kristine
Reno, NV

Photo Paper said...

The snowflakes on the front came out lovely!

Princess said...

I adore this little purse. I think it's a great idea. I will be running a craft table at a women's retreat in March. Do you mind if I have the ladies create this? It's sooo adorable!

Elizabeth *^..^* said...

Too stinking cute!! Thanks for the tut!

helen said...

Oh,I absolutely love this. I happened to have those nuggets. Thanks for the tutorial.