Here's the Bat sleeping - the message on the wings is a rub on from Spooky Treats Rub On. The finished size for this project is 3-1/2" x 5-3/8". When the wings are opened, the card is 10-1/2" x 5-3/8".
Open up the wings.......she is still a little sleepy! Sweet candy corn in the middle.
Here's a close-up: The mouth is hand drawn using a White Gel Pen. For the "OR", on a scrap of acetate, use a Versamark Pen on stamp, apply White Embossing Powder and quickly heat (don't over heat this!). When cooled, use 1/2" punch, adhere using a mini glue dot on top of the Sweet Treat Cup. Want to see how to make the words around the Sweet Treat Cup? See below.
On the left wing: with the Versamark Pen, apply White Embossing powder on "trick" of the stamp.
On the right wing: with the Versamark Pen, apply White Embossing Powder on "treat" of the stamp.
Back of the Bat reveals how to get the Candy Corn: lift up the tab as shown.
HERE'S HOW TO MAKE THIS BAT TREAT:
Today is a Lucky day!!!!! I was able to get my DH (Darling Honey) to scan the template for this Bat. Print it out and it should be "full size" to be used. The original pattern came from Karen at last week's SU gathering: thank you, Karen so much for sharing.
Supplies for Bat:
(1) Cut out the bat using Black CS. Use Circle Scissor Plus to cut out center for Sweet Treat Cup. Tip: If the bat is folded in half, you can use the 1-3/4" punch.
(2) 1/2" Whisper White CS for eyes
(1) 1/2" Basic Grey Eyelids: to be cut in half, sponge with Black Ink
(2) 1/4" Black Circles for eyes, Use White Gel pen (see photo)
(2) Basic Grey "ears" - no template for this (optional), sponge with Black Ink
Supplies for Back Candy door:
(1) Round tab Punch in Black CS
(1) 2" x 2-1/4" pull up door, attach Round Tab to this
(1) 2-1//2" x 2-1/2" Back, use 1-3/4" Punch on this piece
Apply Craft White ink using a sponge to the Bat inside and outside wings
Apply the Rub On to the front left wing
Look what I did - yeek! When I mount my stamps, I wrap the entire piece of wood using Packaging Tape. This allows me to remove the rubber stamp. Well, this is one of those occasions where I did remove the stamp, positioned it in a half circle on a clear acrylic block. Versamark and White Embossing powder was used for the words. It Worked!!!!! A sigh of relief!
Now I need to secure the Sweet Treat Cup - here I applied 2 Way Glue Pen to see if it works:
Well, it didn't work - so I used sticky tape and YES, that worked.
Now for the back: Apply dimensionals to 3 sides of the 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" Black CS as shown after using the 1-3/4" punch.
Ensure the "door" fits after the dimensionals are applied around the 3 sides. Then apply both pieces on top of the Sweet Cup opening..........Single knot a small piece of Pumpkin Pie Grosgrian ribbon, attach with a mini glue dot. Your project is now complete.
- Stamps: Tasty Sweet
- CS: Black, Basic Grey, Whisper White
- Ink: Versamark, Black, Craft White
- Accys: Spooky Treats Rub-Ons, SU Exclusive Sweet Treat Cup, 1-3/4" Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, 1/4" Circle Punch or Crop-O-Dile, 1/4" Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain Ribbon, Mini Glue Dot, White Gel Pen, White Embossing Powder, Dimensionals, Sticky Tape, 2-Way Glue Pen, Circle Scissor Plus, Stamping Sponges, scrap acetate (non SU)
Thank you for stopping by today..........................HUGS!!!