Here's a closer view of the front:
OK - this is what you've been waiting for......................s-l-o-w-l-y open this card.......what's that?
Card opened all the way ......to reveal: A BEACH CHAIR!!!! I was thinking about how to do this for the WOW factor..........I even WOWed myself.......I love it!!! OK - that beach chair is not SU but it is a Sizzix pop-up die and ya know I LOVE pop-ups!!! The height of the chair is 3-1/2" from the base of the card. I've had this die for a while and the timing was so perfect to use it with the Tropical Party and Island Oasis DSP as the towel under the chair. I even made a miniature lei to drape over the chair with a welcoming coconut drink on the arm.
Here's a closer look at the chair and the lei:
At the bottom left corner, a punched crab (it's fm MS - I just had to put him in there). He's popped with a dimensional.
The coconut drink is attached to the arm of the beach chair simply with a strip of CS:
Front view of the chair with the coconut drink:
(3) strips of Close to Cocoa CS, edges randomly torn
Use the Itty Bitty backgrounds to first stamp in Close to Cocoa ink, then switch to Very Vanilla Kraft ink. I love how this gives that "sandy" feeling.
To make the lei, I punched a whole bunch of small flowers (darn that Spring Flower Bouquet punch is retired) using the same colors from the Island Oasis DSP. Cut a Plastic drink stirrer into 1/2" lengths: 16 pieces were used for this lei and 38 punched flowers.
Tie and knot and trim threads. Optional: Make the lei more realistic by curling the petal edges. You can see half the lei curled and half "flat":
Last step: stamp coconut, cut out, color using Stampin' Write pens. Attach to a strip of 1/2" x 1" white CS with sticky tape. This is then attached to the arm of the beach chair.
- Stamps: Tropical Party, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
- CS: Close to Cocoa, Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron, Rose Red, Old Olive, Whisper White, Island Oasis DSP
- Ink: Close to Cocoa, Very Vanilla Kraft
- Accys: Big Shot Natural Serif Alphabet Decorative Strip Die, Stampin' Write Pens: Pumpkin Pie+Tempting Turquoise+So Saffron+Old Olive+ Melon Mambo, Spring Flower Bouquet Punch (retired SU), Beach Chair Pop-up die (non SU), Crab Punch (non SU), 2 Way Glue Pen, Sponging Daubers, Dimensionals, Sticky Tape
Thank you for your patience so I can complete this card............enjoy!!!! Hugs!!!