Close-up of the bear - like his white teeth?
Open the card to reveal...................
Here is Bear enjoying himself catching the wave. Bear is "Popped up" along with the wave. The sand was created in the same way as yesterday's posting. Sponge the sun, sky, and also the mountains using daubers.
To make card front (left photo):
(1) 5-1/2 X 8-1/2" Brilliant Blue CS, scored @ 4-1/4 along the 8-1/2" side
(1) 3-7/8 X 5-1/4" Island Oasis DSP
(1) 3-1/2" x 4-1/4" So Saffron CS
(1) 3-1/8" x 4-3/8" Whisper White CS
(1) 3-1/2" x 2" Bashful Blue CS to stamp "wave"
(1) 1-1/2" Circle punched So Saffron CS, apply dimensionals to back.
(1) 1-1/4" Circle punched Whisper White
(1) stamped bear image using Close to Cocoa CS and ink
(1) stamped bear image using Creamy Caramel CS with Close to Cocoa ink
(1) cut 6-1/4" long 1/4" wide Old Olive grosgrain ribbon + 4" cut long ribbon for knot
Right photo: Use Old Olive ink to randomly stamp leaves around the top of Whisper White CS. Sponge Bashful Blue ink using daubers for the sky and stamp waves. Cut waves out and apply dimensionals.
Right photo Inside Card pieces: Ooooops........see I changed the colors for the waves from Tempting Turquoise to Bashful blue.
(1) 5-1/4" x 8-1/4", scored @ 4-1/8 along the 8-1/4 side
(1) 1-1/2" x 8-1/4" Close to Cocoa strip for the sand, tear along the top of the edge, sponge torn edge with Close to Cocoa ink. Stamp sand using close to cocoa and Vanilla Craft ink
(1) 3" x 8-1/4" Bashful Blue CS for the "waves", score @4-1/8" along the 8-1/4" side
(1) 1-3/4" x 4-3/4" Bashful Blue CS for the popped "wave"
(1) stamped Surf board in Pumpkin Pie CS
(2) stamped Bears in Close to Cocoa CS using Close to Cocoa Ink
(1) stamped Bear in Creamy Caramel CS
Left photo: if you don't have a Pumpkin Pie stamp pad, use the Stampin' Write pens. Cut surf board out and set aside.
Right photo: stamped Bears needed for inside card.
Left photo: cut main bear with NO arms. Cit 2nd bear arms ONLY. Cut Creamy Caramel bear nose and stomach ONLY.
Right photo: use a white gel pen to whiten his teeth. Adhere Creamy Caramel to main bear.
Left photo: stamp leaves using Old Olive ink randomly around the top edge.
Right photo: Punch a 1-1/4" circle to be used as a template for the sum. Sponge center using both Only Orange and More Mustard ink.
Left photo: remove punched template, replace with the 1-1/4" circle to mask the sun. Sponge More Mustard around the sun to create the halo effect.
Right photo: Use bashful blue ink to create the sky
Left photo: stamp "surfs up" using Close to Cocoa ink
Right photo: use chocolate chip ink to sponge the mountains. Mountain template was made by randomly tearing a "v". (ooops, my mountain template is white color so it does not show up easily in the photo)
Left photo: to make the pop out mechanisms, cut a piece of Bashful Blue CS 1-3/4" x 2-1/2". Score 1/2", 1/4", 1/2", 1/4" and what is left is 1/4. This will yield 3 small pop out mechanisms and 1 large mechanism.
Right photo: apply sticky tape to close the strip.
Left photo: sticky tape will also need to be added to the "front" and "back" of the pop up mechanism.
Right photo: once the pop up mechanism is attached to the card and to the wave (see pink arrows), the mechanism should be able to "swing" back and forth.
Once the "wave" is secured, the add the surf board, then the bear. The larger pop up mechanism is attached to the back of the bear. Once all the mechanism are in place, slowly fold inside card in half to ensure everything is flat. Now you can secure the inside to the base card. Project is completed!
- Stamps: Tropical Party, Ittty Bitty backgrounds, Just Surfing, Under the Stars
- CS: Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Brilliant Blue, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Island Oasis DSP
- Ink: Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Bashful Blue, Vanilla Craft,More mustard, Only Orange
- Accys: 1-1/4" Circle Punch1-1/2" Circle Punch, 1/4" Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon, White Gel Pen, Sponging Daubers, Sticky Tape, Dimensionals
Thank you for stopping by today to see this project......................hugs..............