Close-up of the Hula Pair
Their heads tilting to the left:
His head tilting to the right - she can't tilt too much or her bikini bottom will show....she's shy!
To make this card:
(1) 8-1/4" x 5-1/2", score on the 8-1/2" side @ 4-1/4"
(1) 4" x 5-1/4" Old Olive CS
(1) 3-3/4" x 5" Bashful Blue CS
(1) 2-1/2" x 5" Close to Cocoa CS, tear along the 5" side. Stamp with Itty Bitty Background using Craft Vanilla and Close to Cocoa ink
(1) 2" x 1-1/4" Old Olive CS for the skirt (not shown in photo), use crimper, then randomly cut to resemble grass skirt
(1) 4" x 5-1/4" Whisper White CS (for inside card)
(1) 5/8" x 4" Island Oasis DSP strip (for inside card)
Stamp bears as shown..........these will be cut out. Note one of the Creamy Caramel bears has red lips (use Stampin' Wrote Real Red pen and Close to Cocoa for the girl bear.
Boy Bear: Cut and attach Creamy Caramel to bear. Set aside (2) pennies.
Boy Bear lei: Punch itty bitty flowers, arrange around the head as shown using 2 way glue pen. The head will be the section that will tilt. The leis will cover the penny. His board shorts were hand cut.Set aside.
Girl Bear: She needs another set of arms where the direction will be downwards - cut the spare arms with extensions to be able to attach them to the back. Attach Creamy Caramel sections. When cutting out the bear, trim off the arms. Cut bear in half at the waist. Set aside (2) pennies.
Girl Bear bikini: Punch (2) Rose Red Itty Bitty Circle using the new Summer Mini Punches. Hand cut the bottom half of the bikini. Randomly stamp with Versamark ink, pop top with dimensionals, then adhere.
Add scraps to complete the bikini top at sides. Add a punched flower: clip in between petals and crunch. The leaf is half of the punch flower in Old Olive CS. Attach to bear head with a mini glue dot. Attach grass skirt to bear. This ENTIRE unit will tilt. Set aside for now.
CARD FRONT: Using Stampin' Write Close to Cocoa and Old Olive pens on the Palm tree. Randomly stamp across the top of the Bashful Blue CS.
Stamp Close to Cocoa+ Vanilla craft ink to make "sand", adhere to Bashful Blue CS. Adhere bottom Boy/Girl bear sections with "clothing" to card. Position the parts that would "tilt" and mark lightly with pencil. Punched flowers are shown in the photo for the placement.......yeek.......can't get the punch in that far!!!! Got out my new Big Bite to make the hole.
Place (2) Pennies under the holes created. Add dimensional on top of the pennies (see pink arrows). Next step is to place a penny on top of the dimensional. Then Place the top half of each bear - attach with mini glue dot.
Position dimensionals in back. Attach to Old Olive CS, secure to Brilliant Blue CS card base. Stamp "together" using Rose Red ink, punch out with word window punch.
Stamp inside card with message. Your project is now completed.
- Stamps: Under the Stars, Tropical Party, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Happy Everything
- CS: Brilliant Blue, Bashful Blue, Old Olive, Close to Cocoa, Whisper White, Creamy caramel, Rose Red,m So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, Island Oasis DSP
- Ink: Vanilla Craft, Close to Cocoa, Rose Red, Versamark
- Accys: Itty Bitty Punch shapes Punch, Word Window Punch, Stampin; Write Pens: Old Olive+Close to Cocoa+ Real Red, Crimper, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, 2 way Glue Pen, Big Bite (non SU)
Thank you for stopping by today..........................Hugs!!!