Thursday, March 11, 2010

Asian Step Card

Here's another Asian project brought for a shoebox last week. The girl's thought I was crazy to take all these photos but it helps me to remember how to make this card and also gives me an opportunity to share it with all of you! Project finished size is 4-1/4" x 5".

Crumple the flowers and use a white gel pen for the center of the flower.

Side view:


Here are the supplies:
(1) 4-1/4" x 9" Old Olive CS - see info below
(1) 4-1/4" x 5" Old Olive CS
(1) 4" x 3" Bashful Blue CS
(1) 4" x 1" DSP
(1) 4" x 1-1/4" DSP
(1) 4" x 1-1/2" DSP
(2) Close to Cocoa Branch die cuts
(10) Trio Punch Flowers in Pretty in Pink and Pixie Pink
(1) Pagoda die cut (non SU)

I was able to get the measurements for this step project:
(1) 4-1/4" x 9" CS in Old Olive, on the 9" side score 1-1/4", 1-1/4", 1-1/2", 1-1/2", 1-3/4"

Position and place the printed paper on the sections as shown.

Stamp Dolls on Whisper White. Stamp dolls again on scraps of Pixie Pink, Rose Red, Bashful Blue and Pretty in Pink. I colored the faces in using the Blush Blossom Stampin Write pen. I also colored int he tops of the boys hat using the Bashful Blue pen. The Pretty in Pink Pen is used for the flowers in the girl's hair.

Here are the cut dolls and their cute clothing. Adhere clothes on top of the Dolls. Then place dimensional to position on to the steps.

Supplies:
  • Stamps: Asian Dolls (non SU)
  • CS: Old Olive, Ruby Red, Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa, Pixie Pink, Whisper White, Washi Paper (non SU)
  • Ink: Black Staz-On
  • Accys: Big Shot Birds and Branches Die, Trio Flower Punch, White Gel Pen, Blush Blossom- Pretty in Pink-Bashful Blue Stampin' Write Pen, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Pagoda (non SU)

Thank you for stopping by today to visit............

10 comments:

eunice said...

How CUTE is this!!!! You are just overflowing with so much creative mojo...totally AMAZING, girl! I simply blink and BAM! you've posted another amazing creation!

Katherine said...

Super job on this card. I love all the paper piecing! I'm glad you took all those pictures :)

Whimcees said...

Keep taking those photos of your wonderful projects, Patti! They are what makes your blog so great! :<)

Love this card! These images are some of my favorites!

Wishing you a good day today!

Barbara Diane

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your inspiration! My daughter is so into the Asian culture and you give me so many cute ideas for her and her friends. They love the stuff i make with you ideas. Keep 'em coming. Thanks again!!

ktstamps said...

Patti, you are awesome. I hope some day I will meet you and thank you for blessing my life with your work. You are incredible! kt

**CrEaTiNgWiThAlOhA** said...

love your card...and that pagoda is so adorbs with the asian boy and girl

Jan Castle said...

What a cute card!!! Thanks for the instructions!
Jan Castle

Anonymous said...

How adorable. Where did you get the stamps or die cuts for this? Thanks for the great pictures and instructions. I would love to buy the die cuts or stamps for this. Thanks for sharing.

Whitney Richardson said...

Patti: you creativity is so scary!! You amaze and inspire me each morning I can't wait to open your post!! These are the cutest things. I need a little Asian lady in my stamp class! Hint, Hint. Plane ticket time is running out.... sunny Daytona for spring break....you can be my guest designer!! Love Love Love these!!
I know you are having a blast using your gift to highlight your heritage.

xxoo
w

Jeanne Nielsen said...

Love all of your creations! I so much wish I was Asian when I go through your blog -- your stuff is amazing! Want to convert to Scandinavian?! I need ideas for that!!! Thanks so much for all your inspiration! You're amazing!