To make this card: Create template
Fold a 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" Old Olive CS. Mark 3-3/8" down the right hand side of the edge and draw line to the left corner. Cut through both layers. Hand draw the bottom curve.
You will need:
(1) card inside (cut folded) in Whisper White, make this exactly the same width but 1/2" shorter than the outside card.
(1) Watermelon "rine" cut in Very Vanilla CS same width as card base but 1/2" shorter than Old Olive
(1) Watermelon in Real Red CS cut the same width as card base but 1/4" shorter than the Very Vanilla
Stack front layers to be sure shape is almost the same.............continue................
Here are the pieces for the card: included for the watermelons:
(2) 1-3/8" Punched Old Olive CS Circles
(2) 1-1/2" Punched Very Vanilla CS Circles
(2) 1-1/4" Punched Real Red CS Circle
Adhere all layers, cut in half. Use a Black Stampin' Write pen to make seeds........practice on a piece of scrap!
Punch a 1/8" hole at the top of each watermelon.
Card front: Using a sponge dauber and Old Olive ink, sponge all the pieces except the Very Vanilla CS. Pop real red with dimensionals and layer the Very Vanilla CS on top of the Old Olive CS. Apply the watermelon seeds (same process as the watermelon basket posted yesterday).
Pierce through both card layers:
Cut a 7" long piece of linen thread. Thread through watermelons, knot, and continue to thread+knot the balance watermelons. Wrap ends of linen thread around the brads to secure. Trim excess linen thread. Attach inside to the Old Olive card base - card complete.
- Stamps: On Your Birthday
- CS: Old Olive, Real Red,Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Black
- Ink: Old Olive
- Accys: 1-3/8" Circle4 Punch, 1-1/2" Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, Extra Large 2 Step Bird Punch, 1/16" Hand held Punch, Black Stampin' Write Pen, Silver Brads, Linen Thread, Sponging Dauber, Dimensionals, 2 Way Glue Pen, Piercer.
Thank you for stopping by today................