Open one side of the lid to reveal..................
This is what is inside:
(1) 5-1/2" x 5-1/2 Crumb Cake (Kraft) CS.
Score 3 sections, each end 5/8". The middle section should then be 1-3/4".
Turn paper, score 1-3/4", 3-3/4" and you are left with 1-3/4"
To make the middle section of the basket: measure 1/2" along the edge toward the center to "0" - see photo below. Cut away those diagonal lines.
The handle (1) 5/8" x 7-1/2" Crumb Cake (Kraft) CS - punch 1/8" holes at each end
The lid: (1) 3-1/4" x 3-1/2" Crumb Cake (Kraft CS). On the 3-1/4" side, score 1/2", 2-3/4". Turn paper, score 1-1/2", 1/2" and you are left with 1-1/2". Note punch hole for the lid tabs. Note: Cut away the diagonal line areas. Solid lines are cut lines and dash lines are score/fold lines.
(1) Basket lid
Here is the new Crumb Cake Classic Ink pad and the SU Exclusive Big Shot Perfect Details Texturz Plate used for the basket. The technique used is: ink the texture plate, then place the paper on top, put through Big Shot and the results are..................
I tried a couple ways to line up the holes to connect the basket. Best way? Overlap all the layers, making sure the top of the basket is straight, then use a crop-o-dile (small hole) to punch through all the layers. Then place brad through the hole and DO NOT open the prongs yet - see next photo. Sorry, Wicked Sister girls - the piercer just didn't work that well. You were the first to test this project.
I used a binder clip to hold one side of the basket while working on the other side. Yikes - where's my pink arrow to show the prongs of the brad through all layers of the basket? "Connect" the basket sides as shown, position brad through the basket layers. Then the next layer is the handle, then the last layer (inside layer) will be the basket lid. NOW you can open the prongs to secure.
Note: use brads that have longer prongs........it will really help through all those layers.
Optional: use mini glue dots (although that would be a lot of them
Optional: staple close the basket + mini glue dots
Optional: I know you'll figure it out........
There is no photo of this step: After using the Stampin' Write Pens, stamp the strawberry image onto Whisper White CS. Punch with 1-1/4" Circle Punch and back with Real Red CS using the 1-3/8" Circle Punch. Use the 1/8 circle punch or crop-o-dile to punch a hole for the red/white gingham ribbon. I wrap the ribbon around the handle, thread it through the hole and then tie a knot.
For the strawberries, you will need:
(3) Petals cut from the Island Floral Big Shot die. You only need 3 of the petals to make the strawberries. (note: for a "fuller" strawberry, use 4 petals) Use scissors to cut in between each petal toward the center. Use the dot textured folder. Punch a 1/8" hole through each petal. Curl with a bone folder.
(3) Punched leaves in Old Olive, punch center with crop-o-dile or 1/8" Hole punch, curl leaves with bone folder.
(3) 6" long cut 1/4" Old Olive Grosgrain ribbon
The inspiration for these strawberries came from Julie (posted 5/11/2010 on her blog: www.justjulieb30.blogspot.com). I didn't have the flower die so I subsituted a punch.
Thread the ribbon through the strawberry holes, then thread both ends of the Old Olive ribbon through the leaves. Tie and single knot and trim ends. The leaves can be curled up or down - your preference. Then place finished strawberries into basket. Strawberry finished size is 1-1/4" x 1-1/4". You can always substitute strawberry candy in place of these paper ones.................hmmmmm..............BUT these are sure cute!
- Stamps: Tart & Tangy
- CS: Crumb Cake (Kraft), Old Olive, Real Red, Whisper White
- Ink: Crumb Cake
- Accys: SU Exclusive Island Floral BS Die, SU Exclusive Dot Texture Folder, SU Exclusive Perfect Details Big Shot Texturz Plate, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, 5 Petal Flower Punch, 1/8" Circle Punch (retired) or Crop-o-dile, Stampin' Write Old Olive + Real Red Pens, 1/4" Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon, Red/White Gingham Ribbon (retired), Hodgepodge Kit (brads).
Thank you for stopping by today..................