Sunday, January 16, 2011

Tennis B'day Card

Here is an appropriate birthday wish for a friend who has a passion to play tennis. The message is clear and simple. It was made by using my Cricut (after I brushed off the cob webs). The stamped tennis racket and ball are popped with dimensionals after stamping. Remember ":magic mesh" - I still have some and decided it needs to be used for the tennis net.....worked out great!!! The grass boarder is a Martha Stewart punch popped with dimensionals - Love it! That DSP is a retired paper from previous Sale-a-bration packs.................yup: gotta use it!!!
Inside message: Magic Mesh on the inside, too.

Supplies:
  • Stamps: It's Your Birthday,
  • CS: Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Black, Whisper White, DSP (retired)
  • Ink: Staz-On Black
  • Accys: Magic Mesh (retired), MS Grass Edge Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Dimensionals, Cricut Beyond Birthday Cart.

Thank you for stopping by today..............

9 comments:

Gaby said...

What a great card. Well done!

Lori Schwindt said...

This is so adorable, great card!

KellyRae said...

Ohmigosh! What a great card Patti. Love the idea of using the mesh to mimic the tennis strings. I bought a 300-yard (yes that is 900 feet) roll of the self-adhesive drywall tape from a home improvement store about 7 years ago and still have probably 295 yards of it (lol). So believe me when I say THANK you for this inspiration card.

Crafty-liz said...

It's a "smashing" card. I am sure your friend will be delighted.

scrappingnana said...

Love your card and the magic mesh for the net. Yes, I still have some also. TFS

Donna Huisinga said...

This card is adorable. I have the mesh, punch, and sentiment stamp. Now all I need is the racket and ball, and I don't have a Cricut. Wonder if I could find stamps? I could use a dozen of these cards!

Creations by Patti said...

The Tennis Ball and racket were borrowed from a frllow stamper and is a retired SU stamp (2003?). I think it was claled "on the Ball". I am sure there exists a stamp out there somewhere. I was just so happy to use the "magic mesh" on a card after all this time.............

Karen C said...

This is adorable and I'm sure she will love it!

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

I LOVE that you used the magic mesh for a tennis net! Now I need a tennis racket stamp. :)