Friday, January 28, 2011

Chinese New Year Card - a RED one

On Wednesday, January 26, I posted my first "Sliding Pop-Up" card and this is now the RED version. I like both colors. This one I decided to give the "base" a little more stability by cutting a black Matt on top of the real red (see photo below) and I added a 5/8" wide Gold Organdy ribbon. I followed the colors int he Washi paper scraps I had to make this card. Experimenting with several Copic colors was key to co-ordinate the clothing colors. Gold Smooth was added to the flowers and to the boy's hat/buttons (very subtle and does not show in the photo). Instructions for this card are on Kim Score's blog (http://www.paperaddiction.com/) or on Split Coast resource section.

Here's a closer view of the two children.....................


Slide out the back to reveal stamped message on Real Red with a Gold Modern Label punched piece. (I would have used "celebrate" but had some trouble trying to find the stamp........urgh!!!! I know i have one around here somewhere). The back piece is black card stock with gold flower embossing.


Side view:


Copic colors used:

The same "tools" were used from the card posted on 1/25/11: Calendar Cricut cart cut at 2", Cuttlebug Asian Embossing folder, 1" circle punch, Word Window punch, and "enjoy" from the SU On Your Birthday stamp set. and the doll images are from Hero Arts. The Flower is from Oriental Trading.
So I hope you enjoyed this RED version, too.....................have a great weekend. More Asian themed cards coming soon.....................

9 comments:

eunice said...

WooHoo! This is beautifully done...Love the colors on this one! All the wonderful details you added, including the embossed gold sakura make this card so special!

Chris said...

Your cards are just beautiful! I love the color combination you used! The little ones on the card are adorable too! A great Chinese New Year card!

Ruby said...

Wow... Not to say I didn't love your original one, but this one really pops the two stamped images more. Of course Kim's wonderful creation is just perfect for staging the images. Tks for sharing!

Kim said...

very cute! love those bright colors and elements which really enhance the sliding pop up design

Soniadel said...

Just lovely!

Vonnie said...

I love these cards and want to wish you Happy New Year!
Yvonne

StampersPlus said...

Happy Chinese New Year! I too celebrated the new year. I love your color combination, and of course, my favorite color is RED too!

Unknown said...

Wow, a pop-up card! And it is sooo adorable and cute. Love those fonts and colors, as well as the embellishments you included in this project. Thumbs up to you.

xoxox Marilyn @
http://easyday.snydle.com/new-year-wishes.html

Unknown said...

Now that is what I would definitely call creativity and talent! that is adorable card, love it. Though it's new chinese new year, let me send you my warmest new year greetings still. Happy New Year!

Sandra Cooper xxxx
Eazyday.blog.com