Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hello Kitty Birthday Activity

Once in a while, I have craft birthday parties for my Grand Nieces. Last weekend, we had 6 little girls over for a fun birthday craft day.

Each attendee got their own Kraft bags with their initials: decorated with pink, lavender, and pixie pink curling ribbon. The bags were filled with a boas and bead wand along with other girly goodies. The birthday girl got her own lavender beaded crown and boa wand. Don't you love that Hello Kitty DSP adhered to white chipboard and die cut using the Scallop Circle Die. The initials are also die cut using the Serif Essentials and finished off with adhesive rhinestones. Oh yes, white jumbo eyelets are used to tie the tags onto the Kraft bags.

A request by my Grand niece: nail polish. I found these perfect small bottles at the local craft store and used Hello Kitty stickers to decorate them since they were "blank" and very plain looking.

Laminated back pack tags: These tags are individually packed for the girls. The Hello Kitty is a Sizzlit die (I believe the die is on clearance for under $1 - can't beat that.......!!!). Using Pixie Pink along with the Hello Kitty scrap paper.........the tags are laminated using a official heat laminater. Results are fabulous and looking like they are store bought.

Closer view of the tag: Purple, red and Pink beads and the clasp.


Book Marks: Individually packed projects for the girls to make. The DSP is Hello Kitty with Pixie Pink (retired SU) CS. Hello Kitty is a sticker on a white 1" circle, a 1-1/4" Pretty in Pink CS, and Pixie Pink Extra Large Scallop Circle. I cut the "red" words fro, the Cricut Cart: A Child's Year. Surgery was done since the words were enclosed within a book.


Add 2 small adhesive rhinestones to the flowers in her hair to complete this project.


We made customized headbands by wrapping ribbon around a "blank" headband. Each girl wanted a different type of bow and they were very creative with adhesive rhinestones, too. I didn't get a photo of their creation. I was in charge of the hot glue gun! The girls also got to paint 2 sun catchers each - they were pretty neat - no big spills or painting catastrophes. I was very relieved. A ice cream cake was the highlight. The last event was a game of Bingo - boy, I hadn't played that in a while and it was FUN!!!!

16 comments:

Whimcees said...

Hello!

What a wonderful project! So much thought and effort to make these little girls happy - especially the birthday girl! Beautiful results!

Wishing you a good week!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, these are all so great. I just love the bookmarks. TFS.

Anonymous said...

Great goodie bag ideas.
I especially like the nail polish one. What little girl wouldn't enjoy getting that?!

PJ(Jessie Adams)

Brenda said...

this is a wonderful idea! thanks for sharing...

The Princess said...

Oh my gosh, how cute is that?! My niece is turning 1 and her mom wants a Hello Kitty themed birthday for her. Would you pls tell me where you got the sizzlit dies for $1? Thank you.

Christa said...

My daughter loves Hello Kitty, so I'll probably be using some of your ideas soon. Thanks so much for sharing such cute projects!! :)

Jaxbabie3 said...

This is such a neat idea! And just in time for my son's fourth birthday party! Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful projects! This one is one of my favorites! I love how you put it all together!

Karli said...

stop the madness!!! OMG I almost lost my mind when I saw your super cuuuute projects! I'm a huge HK fan :) OK, so you're invited to my next birthday bash---> save the date: June 13th ;) PS: thank you for your kind words (email) it means a lot!
~Hugs

Angela said...

These are adorable!! My daughter is having a Hello Kitty party for her 6th birthday in March. My sister in law sent me your link! Love your ideas. Do you mind sharing where you found the Sizzlit so cheap?

Creations by Patti said...

Hi Angela

The Hello Kitty is a sizzlit die on www.sizzix.com clearance but I just saw that it is no longer available. They still have larger Bigz dies........otherise use your Cricut which can be cut any size that would work.

my best,
Patti

Scrap-diva said...

These are all so pretty! My daughter had a Hallo Kitty theme for her 9th birthday last year.
Hugs
Natalie

Whimcees said...

Hello!

I hope that all is well. Just wanted to say hello and that I miss your posts! :<)

Wishing you a good week!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Anonymous said...

TO DIE FOR THESE ARE TOO FUN!!! WHERE DID YOU GET THE SIZZLET DIE YOU MENTIONED IT'S A MUST HAVE FOR SURE! THANKS FOR POSTING SUCH GREAT ITEMS!

Jen T said...

TO DIE FOR THESE ARE TOO FUN!!! WHERE DID YOU GET THE SIZZLET DIE YOU MENTIONED IT'S A MUST HAVE FOR SURE! THANKS FOR POSTING SUCH GREAT ITEMS!

*** sorry for the repeat post I didn't have an account before i posted the last one and realized you wouldn't have anywhere to send a response to, duh!

Handmade by Melissa said...

WOW, great work Patti, thanks again for sharing with us, and inspiring us!

Handmade by Melissa said...

WOW Patti, great work! Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring us!!