And, a side view:
More detail photos: The face was interesting. I crushed his nose a bit trying to figure this out but it worked out OK. Use a white pen for the center of the eyes.
Sponge the feather edge with some brown ink. The crown is ever so slightly curled outwards. Adhesive rhinestones added per the original inspiration.
And, the body: Those buttons are adhesive gold rhinestones. Mini glue dots used to attach the gold straps across the chest. The beard is using a Cuttlebug embossing folder.
The Boots: Gold bells and gold cord were a finishing touch. Use a mini glue dot to hold the cord in place so it is much easier to make the knot! And, the base is great! Edges are sponged with some brown ink. I did fill it with some sand so it was be heavier...........next time I will put the sand in a plastic bag to ensure none will leak out.
The back of the Nutcracker: Hair action!
Cape is embossed with Snowflake Embossing folder:
And, a couple things I made my own: cut and slightly curled the epauletsOn the sleeve, adhesive rhinestones added.
Paper used: G45 nutcracker, SU Blush (retired), Kelly paper Gold, American craft Black, SU Cherry Cobbler
Adhesive Rhinestones: Recollections
This project was using white Scotch glue and a high temp glue gun used to adhere the boot to the base, arms to the body, legs to the body. I am looking forward to make more of this Nutcrackers in a variety of color scheme. Hope you enjoyed this and I have and have a great crafting day to make one yourself!