Thursday, April 9, 2009

Cake Week: Wedding Time!

This cake is made using the Big Shot texture plate as the cake surface (before cake is assembled) along with using the Eyelet Boarder Punch on one side. The butterflies are stamped using Craft White ink on card stock vellum, then cut out. Fold them in half and apply Crystal Effects to keep them on the cake.

Below is a close-up of the cake top. Punch 2 brushed silver card stock scallop circle, attach back to back in between the cake extension to conceal the ends of the shiny brad. The flat back pearl uses a glue dot on top of the knotted taffeta ribbon on each layer.

Back of the cake:


Close-up of cake at bottom



Supplies:
  • Stamps: Sincere Salutations, Great Friends
  • CS: Whisper White, Brushed Silver, Card Stock Vellum
  • Ink: Craft White
  • Accys: Scallop Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Clear Rhinestone Brad, Pretties Kit, Piercer, Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon, Eyelet Boarder Punch, Sticky Tape, Crystal Effects, Mini Glue Dots, Big Shot: 3-D Pop Up Cake Die, Backgrounds 1 Texture Plate, Scallop Circle Die.

Thank you for stopping by today.........stay tuned for tom's cake.

4 comments:

Girl can Knit - Cherry Lane Knit Stamp Quilt said...

Patti, this is lovely!

Anonymous said...

Your cakes are absolutely beautiful! OMG! Thank you so much for sharing. kt

Going with the Flow By Renee said...

WWWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW Factor!
I want to come to your house for a week! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!! You are awesome and awesomer and awesomest! Am I getting across to you talented lady? LOL! I love all the cakes, but since I am a florist and a cake decorator - this one really caught my eye. WELL DONE! Renee

Valerie said...

I just found your blog well searching for something to make my cousin for her wedding this weekend and I found this adorable little cake you made...it's beautiful!!! I didn't see the directions on on how to make the circle part of the cake I would love to know how you did it so maybe I can make one up today. Can you please let me know how you did that please please! I'd really appreciate it a WHOLE lot!

TY!
Hugs,
Valerie
valerie1011@q.com