Friday, June 29, 2012

Rock and Rollin Birthday Card

Are you ready for some fun?  We attended Hot August Nights last year: Reno's 25th Anniversary of vintage muscle cars and music from the 70's. Boy, it was so much fun. We hung out with our Reno friends. One of them has an upcoming birthday, this card was perfect. I love shaped cards and this one was fun to make using my SCAL and cutting with my Silhouette. This is another great SVGcuts.com collection called Rock and Rollin. There are so many great projects in this collection to make.............I did re-size this original  card down a little to finish: 6" x 4-1/4".  I just love this silhouette image with roller skates (see the red dots under her shoes).  Are you just lovin the windshield, headlights, and chrome? Stardust Stickles used along with a white gel pen for some detail
.And, of course, I love the poodle skirt and red scarf at her neck, too. The silhouette is popped with dimensionals.
Here is the detail of the "Happy Birthday" which is also popped with dimensionals and sponged with SU Chocolate Chip ink. See the white gel pen detail on the tires, too.
Card inside: Stamped message is using SU Chocolate Chip ink + retired SU's It's Your Birthday stamp set.  Oh, yes, sponge those shaped edges, too.
I can't wait to make the other projects from the Rock and Rollin Collection.  Have a great crafty day.

5 comments:

eunice said...

This has got to be the neatest retro card ever, Patti! Love all the details, shading, glitter...to really make this card capture everyone's attention. Thanks for digging up all these wonderful treasures over at SVG cuts for us and making them come alive! You need to be on their design team!!!!

Karli said...

Patti, this is super cuuuute! I have to check it out for sure :) hugs~

Jan Castle said...

Now this takes me back...LOl! Cutest card ever Patti!!!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

dkjones said...

I LOVE this! What a great card. Thanks for sharing. Now you have inspired me. I have those svg cuts and have not used them yet. Now I'll have to try them.

Debbie

ARTiMAGINE said...

Hey,

Love this card! Totally my kinda card, shaped and so cool, different from your typical cards...

The red colour used make it even better!!!