Here's the how to for the Valentine Message Containers:
Left Photo: completed project from 1/13 posting
Right Photo: This is what I started with: scraps from a previous projects. My light bulb went off: why not use the scraps on those containers SU uses for embellishments. See Page 203 Item #103649/6 containers.
Left Photo: Supplies needed for this project
(1) Stampin' Store container
(2) 2-1/2" diameter circles in Sending Love DSP
(1) 9/16" x 8-1/2" Sending Love DSP strip
(1) 1/2" x 2-1/2" Whisper White CS for message banner
(1) Punched scallop circle in Very Vanilla or Real Red (whatever works best)
(1) Full heart punched in Pretty in Pink, run through the Big Shot using the Polka Dots Impression Folder
(1) Small heart punched using the Heart to Heart Punch in Real Red CS for the message banner
(1) Medium heart punched using the Heart to Heart Punch in Real Red CS
(1) Large heart using the Heart to Heart Punch in Sending Love DSP
(2) cut 1/4" x 8-1/2" Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon (for lid and handle)
(1) cut 1/4" x 8-1/2 (or 6-1/2" depending on your skill for the bow) Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon
Right Photo: turn paper over, using a pen or pencil, trace around the bottom and top. In this case: the size is 2-1/2" in diameter.
Left Photo: tape down (Dotto just doesn't work for me!!!) your scrap on the glass mat
Right Photo: Using the Circle Cutter Plus, position the blade to cut out the circles
Left Photo: Adhere the 2-1/2" circle to the container - snail adhesive worked OK
Right Photo: Now to cut the strip - 9/16" is in between 1/2" and 5/8" (see the pink arrow). 1/2" seems a bit narrow.
Left Photo: Here's a "far away" view. Because the strip is narrow, using masking tape was helpful.
Right photo: Apply sticky tape to one of the 1/4" x 8-1/2" Real Red grosgrain ribbon and also to the 9/16" x 8-1/2 strip of DSP.
Left Photo: remove the adhesive from sticky tape, press into container sides as shown. A tied knot at the ends was not an option - too lumpy! Add a mini glue dot to the ribbon on the outside near the hole so the handles stay flat and closer to the sides of the container.
The container is now complete......instead of candy, I decided to go one step further to stamp a couple messages as shown below. Use the SU Big Shot Exclusive Pennanet die scallop circle which fit perfectly into the coantiner. The letters are popped with dimensionals and scattered punched hearts complete the surprise message. Use 5/8" Grosgrain ribbon to string the letters together. Use sticky tape to adhere the letters to the ribbon.
- Stamps: Lovely Letters Alphabet, With All My Heart
- CS: Pretty in Pink, Real Red, Very Vanilla, Sending Love DSP
- Ink: Real Red
- Accys: Scallop Circle Punch, 1-1/2" Circle Punch, Heart to Heart Punch, Full Heart Punch, Polka Dot Impressions Folder, 1/4" Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, 5/8" Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Circle Scissors Plus, Sticky Tape, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Crop-Dile, SU Exclusive Big Shot Pennant Die
Like this project? Let me know. The supplies are listed above. If you would like to place an order, send me an e-mail OR you can now place an order on line in my store: http://www.pattilee.stampinup.net/!!! Anyway, I'd love to hear from you, especially if you are in my neighborhood! Hugs......................!!!!