Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie Treats

Wow - Thanksgiving is next week and it is a race to the finish line for all the prep that happens during this time of year.  I made a few of these pie boxes. They are unique in that they are pull out drawers instead of the lid type of box..............pretty cool, I thought.  This is a SVG cut file from SVGcutting.com . I used my Silhouette to cut this pie project. The Pie Drawer Box can be found here. I made two different sizes: one is the original size: 4-3/4" x 1-7/8" x 4-1/2"  which holds 12 candy treats and another smaller version which finishes 3-1/2" x 1-1/2" x 3-1/2" which holds 6 candy treats .  Papers are from Recollection Spice Market Paper pack.   I found in my stash some old ribbon roses that can be used to look like "cream icing" - luckily I had small and medium sizes to use.
Top of the larger Pie is embossed (a separate cut piece) with Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, sponged with brown ink, adhered to the top. Leaf punches are OLD - they are from Carl Craft and Family Treasures.  Happy Thanksgiving is printed using the free font called Lavanderia size 26 although the stamp set does have the same message (which I had actually forgot it was there).
Edge of the pie pull out is embossed with Letterpress Twirl Embossing folder. See the drawer slightly pulled out revealing the candy treats. Stamps are from Jaded Blossom from their Candy Stamp collection called Let's Talk Turkey found here
 Now here are all the treats revealed:
 A closer look: aren't they cute!!!
 And, the view of the larger pie with the scallop edge/Twirl embossed edge and "faux" creamed edge.
The smaller pie: this time, it is stamped using Versamark Ink with a Stampin-Up Itty Bitty Backgrounds:
 The slightly smaller font message for the smaller pie:
 Pulling out the drawer to reveal candy treats:
The smaller pie will hold 6 candy treats: 
This is how each of the treats were decorated: Stamp all the images, use your desired coloring medium:
 Here they are all punched and waiting to be attached to Rolo candies or Hershey Kisses:
Thank you for stopping by today to visit......................enjoy!



7 comments:

Creating Anniething said...

Super Cute!! Love the "cream" on the pie... awesome!!!

Jan Castle said...

Patti, your pie looks soooooo real! What a cute project!!!!
Timely too! You are so clever!!!!
Jan

itsazoo said...

What a great project......
Pie looks so realistic......
Treat toppers so cute......

Lynn said...

Wow, I really love those candy box pie slices! I'm amazed at all the work you put into the stickers for the candies too. I think they would make great place card favors for Thanksgiving. Thank you for giving me a glimpse into your creative preparation for the holiday season.

Unknown said...

Super cute. Love the whipped cream flowers.

Karen L said...

Man, I wish I could get myself invited to your family get-togethers! ;-) These pie slices are totally amazing and SUCH A CLEVER idea to use the white rose ribbon for whipped cream!

koala said...

OMG , LOVE LOVE LOVE this !!!
What a pretty nice treat box and each treat !!!
Super super CUTE !!!
I wish I could make it like that …. (^.^;)"