Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sister Stamps Lion Dancers

I just had to ink up this stamp from Sister stamps release #4 Lion Dancers during the Chinese New Year celebration time. Be sure to visit the Sister Stamps blog for lots of inspirational ideas! You can get this stamp set here from Pineapple Cove. The card style is called "Dutch Fold" - there is a video tutorial that can be found here. I love it when there's already a tutorial and I can provide a link. SU Real Red and SU So Saffron were the perfect colors to co-ordinate with the satin frog closures used for this card.

Here's a closer look: the corners are from Sizzix Architectural Accents Set. Use the Cuttlebug Asian embossing folders for the background. Lion Dancers are popped with dimensionals. Copic colors used: E21, R20, W4, W7, W10, W1, R46, RV25, YR04, Y38. Yellow Stickles and Moonlight Smooch also used.

The satin frogs do come apart. They were easily attached using mini glue dots. I thought maybe I had to get out my hot glue gun but was so glad the mini glue dots worked. I have a bunch of these lying around so I thought hmmmmm, good way to use them. They were purchased while I was in Shanghai a couple years ago but can be found in your local Chinatown shop.
Card inside message is simple: stamp is from Waltzing Mouse: Asia Garden Additions
thank you for coming by and happy crafting..............

4 comments:

Leanne said...

Happy New Year Patti! This is super cute and I love the frogs. It's a really nice touch to an already awesome card.
;)

Jan Castle said...

Sooooooooo cute! Love what you have done with this card...but then, all your cards are exceptional! Thanks for sharing Patti!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

glowegal said...

Oh wowza, this card is stunning!!! I love all the details! Gorgeous! Kung Hei Fat Choy!

Karli said...

I am maaaaaaaad for that closure Patti! Such a fab card & all your new year images are so super adorable!!! CHA is just a sleep away. Can you stand it??? See ya soon, my friend! Hugs~