Thursday, March 3, 2011

This Family......is Made With Love Scallop Acrylic Album

Here's a great project: I am new to making acrylic albums. This one was ever so fun to make. It is a CHA class from "My Little Shoebox" (http://www.mylittleshoebox.com/) designed by Pattie Beltran and Erin Yamabe. Helen L., is the owner and is ever such a sweet person, too. I absolutely fell in love with their paper and I just found out they have a newly released Asian group of papers (Oasis - Kyoto), too!This project was the most organized class one could only dream about. All the pages were clearly packed in plastic bags so no searching an hunting all those pieces. We even got their newly released clear stamp set to go with this paper, too. The 5 page acrylic album is from Clear Scraps. Album finished size is 7" x 7". The dress form card stock sticker is also from My Little Bicycle. The flowertte is made using a scallop strip. That velvet flower is from Creative Charms.


Here's a view of Clear Scraps scallop tag for this album. The sewing machine card stock sticker was used on it..............I really tried to use up the stickers on hand for this project. The various ribbon ties were all cut in the perfect lengths for the rings.


Inside Page 1: a partial scalloped pocket to hold die cut tags. The dress form, pin cushion, and "made with love" is stamped using a brown ink and then a Sakura red gel pen highlights the details. The spool of tread is a card stock sticker with Sakura red gel pen highlights.

Page 2: Another card stock scallop circle sticker for journaling and a surprise door. The stitches stamped. Sakura red gel pen used on the scallop circle, thread and spool of thread. I added "hand" to the door front. Small pearls added to the heart button to open.....revealing.........


"made" is a card stock sticker and a journaling tag.


Here's the backside of Page 2: a popped up journaling square, a pair of card stock scissors and dress form with pink/.brown dotted ribbon.


Page 3 is stamped with various shaped buttons, embellished with actual buttons and a spool of card stock thread. That scallop oval - yup, it's a card stock sticker, too. This page has room for a photo here.


The backside of Page 3 shows a journaling opportunity. The spool of thread and pin cushion are part of the card stock sticker page. The scallop felt heart has pearl hat pins and a button. I added the safety pins to the felt heart. There is a petite paper clip at the top of the journaling page. I love the twine used on this page and the stamped sewing machine, too.


Page 4: I love this large dress form tied with a ribbon at the waist and embellished with a petite safety pin, then popped with dimensionals. Slip the photo underneath the dress form.


Backside of Page 4: I love this page with a doily popped card stock stickers and stamped dress form. The Sakura red gel pen is used on the spool of thread, dress form and flower. Twine on the flower center and adhesive flat back pearls for embellishment.


Here's Page 5: pretty straight forward and another spool of thread and popped up scallop flower card stock sticker. The dotted red ribbon with a petite safety pin is attached on the knot. Room for a photo on this page.


And here is the back page of the album: I had to add the spools of thread (and also used the Sakura Red Gel pen for th thread).


This project was really fun and satisfying to make. I love how the paper, stickers, and stamp co-orindate. You may want to try this or a similar mini book.

Resources:
My Little Shoebox: all paper "Sew Cute", stickers, stamps
Sakura: Red Glaze Pen
Clear Scraps: Acrylic Album
Creative Imaginations: Velvet Flower
Creative Charms: petite Safety Pins,paper clip, flat back adhesive pearls

I hope you enjoyed seeing this project...................................

4 comments:

Katherine said...

Patty your projects are so much fun! I am glad you're posting again! TFS!!

Toots said...

What a colorful fun project! Love them all!
Aloha,
Toots

Karli said...

I was in this class too! Awww, Patti if I would have known you were there I would have loved to say "hi!" I totally agree with you. This was the most organized, well paced class I've ever been to. I actually finished the entire album in class for once! Hee! Big hugs to ya~

Anonymous said...

Hi... I am a designer and was look for some idea. Your Spring collection 2011 really awesome. I will come again after sometime for more ideas. Thank you.

wedding photographers Birmingham